- Salary: $108,492.80 – $131,144.00 Annually USD
Summary whom might APPLY: This place is ready to accept all candidates that are qualified. Wastewater, Teamsters regional 117 internal prospects will get very first consideration. $1.00 each hour through the base wage shall be diverted towards the Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust Fund.
NEEDED MATERIALS: King county application, resume cover letter and resume
WORKING ARRANGEMENTS: Standard hours that are working 40 hours each week. Candidates should be accessible to work any assigned routine. This place is exempt through the conditions associated with the Fair Labor guidelines Act and it is perhaps not overtime-eligible.
JOB EXPLANATION: The duties with this category include supervising workers whom monitor, run and keep a wastewater therapy center, conveyance and collection system. Incumbents guarantee conformity with appropriate regional, Washington State and federal atmosphere, wastewater and security regulations and demands and they are in charge of planning long- and short-term workload, cost management, workers training and gratification management. Job Duties
- Supervise and direct the job of lead, skilled trades, semi-skilled trades for Day Operations group. Supervisory duties consist of employing, review and evaluate worker task performance and provide constructive feedback; offer mentoring; recommend and/or initiate disciplinary action Arrange, schedule, coordinate, monitor and review the daily work BDSM.com review of the team while the planning that is long-range scheduling of the team. Ensure completion that is timely quality of work because of the team. Take part in long-range facilities preparation.
- Requisition materials and equipment, keep stock, make sure requisition procedures are followed and work out budget choices.
- Review plans, designs or procedures for an assigned part of major construction tasks with contractors, design designers, vendors and agency’s construction administration unit. Organize, coordinate and provide expertise that is technical long-range unique jobs; offer way to senior staff on unique projects.
- Assist staff that is senior scheduling and prioritizing work sales along with other divisions, departments and agencies.
- Arrange, schedule and supply training to other people and protect training documents on workers. Review laboratory data and suggest and/or make procedure control choices.
- Coordinate unit, division along with other agencies’ reactions to uncommon occurrences and emergencies; just simply just take corrective action as appropriate. Can be accountable for news contact. Ensure adherence to all the policies, criteria and procedures.
- Work, monitor and control gear and systems utilizing complex personal computers. Take part in work negotiations and grievance hearings.
- Prepare technical reports of plant operations for submittal to administration and state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Assume functional obligations in the lack of the Plant Manager for rotating changes along with other operations.
- Perform the duties associated with the other classifications inside the Wastewater Treatment Operations show as required.
- Be around to the office all shift schedules, including rotating changes; could be needed to be on standby and/or status that is call-out at the mercy of after-hours call-in for uncommon occurrences and emergencies.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Techniques
- Advanced familiarity with task management methods and axioms
- Advanced familiarity with the description, function and major components for plant-wide gasoline, chlorination, heating, ventilating and air cooling, smell control, electric, water, atmosphere and hydraulic systems
- Advanced understanding of the description, function, major elements, causes for alarms and monitoring that is radio control system when it comes to gear and systems when you look at the initial, main and additional, solids managing, odor control and/or the collection and conveyance systems
- Advanced understanding of expertise in the description and purpose of computerized remote and supervisory control systems utilized to regulate, run and monitor an important wastewater therapy system
- Advanced Knowledge of experience in operating, monitoring, keeping and training from the gear and systems when you look at the treatment that is preliminary, main therapy area, secondary area, solids managing area plus in the collection and conveyance system and systems for plant-wide gasoline, chlorination, heating, ventilating and atmosphere training, smell control, electric, water, atmosphere and hydraulic systems
- Advanced Knowledge in interpreting and using technical information from plant drawings, technical datasheets, operations and upkeep manuals and laboratory test outcomes
- Advanced Knowledge in keeping and developing a working that is effective aided by the general public, vendors, contractors, regulatory agencies, downline along with other workgroups.
- Advanced familiarity with advanced level troubleshooting abilities for complex wastewater therapy systems and processes and complex odor control systems also to manage unusual occurrences and emergencies
- Some knowledge into the application of participative workplace company axioms, like the company preparation procedure, the establishment of criteria and feedback, interaction, listening and feedback, conflict resolution, effective group meetings, problem-solving, choice generating and facilitation.
- Some familiarity with buying policies and procedures
- Experience in assisting long- and workload that is short-term, budgeting, training and gratification administration
- Ability in managing written and/or computerized information systems including logs, reports, lab and process information, difficulty reports and work demands.
- Experience within the application of security policies, procedures and methods for confined room entry, fall protection, risk interaction, recognition and control, dangerous power control, crisis reaction and evacuation, accident prevention, hearing preservation, preventing right right back accidents, breathing security, fire security, division facilities and operations, forklift training, overhead cranes, plant-specific security information along with other department-wide safety information
- Experience in higher level training to fulfill or surpass King County, state and regulations that are federal
- Supervisory skills to lead, teach and mentor; offer direction, prepare and conduct performance evaluations and just take disciplinary actions Communication skills (oral and written)
- Assessment and decision-making skills
Supplemental Ideas LICENSING/CERTIFICATION:
- Washington State License
- Washington State Group III Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Official Official Official Certification
- Washington State Group IV Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Certification
- CPR and aid certification that is first
SELECTION PROCESS: A competitive process is is likely to be employed for this selection procedure. Report about interior prospects should include reviews of performance appraisals, workers files, interior guide, Benefit Time / Vacation usage logs, etc., before any last offer. Outside applicants will demand associates for sources.
UNION MEMBERSHIP: Teamster Wastewater Local 117 represents this position.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Performing at Wastewater Treatment facilities
For lots more information about this recruitment, please contact: Rijul BhaskarSenior Human site Analystrbhaskar@kingcounty.gov
Closing Date/Time: 6/4/2020 11:59 PM Pacific